Cosmetic contouring, or tooth reshaping, is one of few instant treatments now available in cosmetic dentistry.
Cosmetic contouring, or tooth reshaping, is a procedure to correct crooked teeth, chipped teeth, cracked teeth, or even overlapping teeth in just one session.
This is also a procedure of subtle changes. Here at Progressive Dental, with a few millimeters of reduction and a few millimeters of tooth-colored composite material, we can create a beautiful smile with no discomfort to you. Cosmetic contouring, or tooth reshaping, is commonly used to alter the length, shape, or position of your teeth.
Contouring teeth may also help correct small problems with bite. It is common for bonding to be combined with tooth reshaping to achieve a beautiful smile.
Overview of Procedure:
- Usually, anesthetic is not needed. Teeth contouring and reshaping usually takes one to three visits
- We mark your teeth with a pencil prior to performing the procedure.
- As we sculpt the tooth, imperfections are artfully eliminated or minimized. A sanding drill or laser may be used to remove small amounts of surface enamel gradually.
- Abrasive strips are then moved back and forth between your teeth to shape the actual sides of your teeth.
- Then the teeth are smoothed and polished.
Contact Dr. Lim to discuss re-shaping & contouring your teeth to get a great smile!